My Mom and Reed were able to come down this past week and we've had a wonderful time. Now the house is quiet and I miss them.
Some of the highlights of this past week:
Friday night: arrival - Mom & Reed put the girls to bed with some way cool bedtime stories - we need more.
Saturday - We made the coolest ever fairy wands in the morning and then Mom & Reed spent the rest of the day with his son & family
Sunday - Mother's Day! It was so great to spend Mother's Day with my mom. This is the first time we've been together for Mother's Day since I've had children.
Savannah started gifts early by giving us a pool in our kitchen. Her highchair was next to a 2 1/2 gallon water dispencer and she figured out how to open it. According to Rachel, Savannah opened it and
Rachel closed it. Either way - it took 8 full sized towels to sop up the mess. Amazingly, we were still on time to church.
Eliza did a great job singing with the primary - she actually sang! My mom had the coolest toys in Sacrament Meeting and we even had three+ additional kids because of it, but I was still able to listen to most of the meeting. However, I think not so cool toys might be best for church . . . I was also able to go to RS with my mom - thanks Sis. Thacker for filling in for me in Primary.
Tuesday - My Birthday! Rachel started the gift giving this day. She crawled in bed with Keith and I at 5:30am. At 6:00 am she threw up.
Needless to say we canceled all of our fun plans for that day. We stayed home and played games - which ended up being quite a bit of fun. Keith even let me win Ticket to Ride - he must REALLY love me.
Between my birthday and Mother's Day I got the coolest of all gifts. Keith gave me a new waffle iron - so excited! Mom gave me the audio to I Am A Mother, a way awesome mini essential oils kit and other es. oils accessorites, a water filter, a purse, and a copy of my Ggggreat Grandfather's History! I think I even forgot somethings. Sorry. Grandma C. even had mom bring me a way cool Make a Mix cookbook.
Wednesday - movies and laundry while they were at Rex's
Thursday - Titan Missle Museum. Way cool museum, so glad we've ended the arms race - really the world would have been blown to shreads. Of course, I would not recommend this venue for young children. The attendants must have either never had children or forgotten what it is like to be/have young children. There was only one other child on our tour (besides my 3) and he was asked to leave for barely making a sound. I didn't even hear him. Poor guys.
Friday - They left. So sad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment