Thursday, October 18, 2012
The Scorpion Miracle
We went swimming for part of FHE and as the sun was going down (note - it was getting dark) the girls started getting cold and we realized it was bedtime anyway. Savannah was the first out. I washed her up and as she was shivering I made sure to dry her very thoroughly. I aimed for every inch - from her hair to her feet. I wanted her dry. Then I wrapped her up extra tight in the towel to be warm while I tended to her sisters.
Rachel came next. As I was getting her ready she started yelling, "Scorpion! Scorpion!" At Keith's and my request she very calmly showed us exactly where it was - on the back of Savannah's towel, about knee high. It took me a while to see it. At first I thought it was just a leaf or twig. I am amazed she not only saw it, but also recognized it for what it was. We now call her our "Hero Scorpion Hunter." She found the last one in our house too.
I quickly took the towel off the still shivering (and now confused) Savannah and Keith killed it while I hurried the girls inside to finish cleaning up.
I know I had my hands on every inch of that towel, and every inch of Savannah. Although possible, it is unlikely the scorpion climbed on after I dried her off because they typically do not go into open areas like where we were, nor was it moving when we saw it.
Either way, I know the Lord protected us. He kept it on the right side of the towel away from Savannah, He kept it away from my hands when I was drying her off, and He kept it away from our feet as we were walking around.
We were spared an ER trip and days-week of severe pain. The Bark Scorpion is the most venomous scorpion in the US, but with modern medical intervention no one has actually died from it in the last few decades. Of course, some people's reports of being stung sound like they wish they had died from it because it is so painful.
I know the Lord was watching over us and I know He protected us tonight. I know sometimes He lets bad things happen, but tonight I am overwhelmingly grateful for the time He didn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So Glad everyone is okay. And I'm glad all I have to worry about is spiders, although it would be great if I didn't have to worry about those either, although the only place I can think of that I could live and not have to worry about spiders would be Antarctica.
ReplyDelete