Monday, October 1, 2012

New Homeschool Year!




We are very excited to start school this year! We have a class size of up to three. I think that is a pretty good teacher to student ratio.

I've often been asked why I've decided to homeschool and to be honest my answer is constantly evolving. Honestly, I think it will be fun. I enjoy the opportunity I'll have to spend more time with my children and watch them as they learn and grow. Just like it was super fun to watch them learn to eat, walk, and talk, I will get the chance to watch them learn to read and add. I know there will be days that are more fun than others - there always will be. I guess that is why we 'learn to dance in the rain.'


Kimonos - learning about Japan from My Grandfather's Journey by Allen Say (with hopscotch on the floor)

 Musical Instrument Museum Tour:
 Harmonicas - Reed, this picture is for you. Notice the one with the small horns below the TV screen in the middle. I think you should get one like that, or a triple-decker. I think you've been living below your privileges and abilities. :)
 Rachel was so excited about the headset and was sitting so reverently and happily
 A room full of drums (and others) - how can any kid go wrong when the only question is "What should I bang on next?"

1 comment:

  1. HOmeschooling can be a lot more fun, i've found. You look like a fun teacher! Your kids are super cute!

    ReplyDelete