It was a wonderfully uplifting Conference and I'm so glad I got to go because the sessions I stayed at home with my children were less uplifting. I take that back. When I was home I was 'uplifted' much more as I was continually getting up to calm fights, get water, change diapers, entertain, etc.
Some of my favorite thoughts are:
"Joy & protection come from keeping our covenants. Peace comes from faith in Jesus Christ." Sis. Thompson.
"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down." Sis. Allred
Pres. Uckdorf's 5 petals of the Forget-me-nots: 1. Forget not to be kind to yourself. 2. Forget not that some sacrifices are better than others. 3. Forget not to be happy now. 4. Forget not the 'why' of the gospel. 5. Forget not that the Lord Loves you.
"It is never too late to make good decisions." Randal Bennett
And so many others.

We were also able to attend Keith's 10 year mission reunion. Here he is with some of his companions.
If all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto [these men], behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men. (Alma 48:17)
No comments:
Post a Comment