A few weeks ago I was getting ready to go to the grocery store. I'd been purposefully putting it off so I could get some fresh items for a lunch guest that I had comeing over the next day. As I was about to leave Keith said, "I don't think you should go to the store right now, it is getting stormy." I laughed and thought, "Of course I'm going to the store now, I have my guest coming over and need to get somethings. A little storm isn't going to get in my way." And then I looked outside my window and realized that I couldn't see the school next door and Keith was right. Above is a picture of the storm coming over downtown Phoenix. Google "Pheonix Sand Storm" if you want any more pictures - it was truly amazing.So, I found myself in a pickle. What was I going to feed my guest? I have food storage - this shouldn't be a big problem; or so I thought. Fortunately, between the fresh cherry tomatoes in my garden and the pasta in my pantry I made something suitable for my guest.
It was a big eye-opener. If my food storage was barely able to get me through one meal, I needed to re-think things a bit.
So, now I'm wondering what everybody else has in their food storage that would be appropriate to feed a guest - you know, something other than bread and beans, and pasta.
We've had two more storms hit since then. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment